What is Azithromycin 250mg?
Azithromycin 250mg Tablet is an antibiotic used in adults and children to treat bacterial infections of the eyes, skin, ear, nose, throat, lungs, and respiratory tract. Additionally, it works well against typhoid fever and a few STDs, including gonorrhea. Azithromycin 250 mg prevents the spread of infection by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to grow and multiply. It is best to take an azithromycin 250 Tablet orally either one hour before or two hours after a meal. Avoid chewing, breaking, or crushing it. Although the Azicip 250 mg Tablet can be taken with or without food, it is best to take it at a set time. According to your doctor’s instructions, it should be used consistently at regular intervals of time. Even if you feel better, do not skip any doses and complete the entire course of treatment. If you stop taking the medication too soon, the infection could come back or get worse. Azicip 250 is manufactured by Cipla Ltd.
Common Side Effects:
- Stomach Upset
Serious Side Effects:
- Skin Rash
- Bowel Inflammation
- Low blood pressure
- Pancreas inflammation
- Liver problems
- Check with your doctor if you are allergic to its active ingredient before consuming the medication.
- When breastfeeding, women should use azithromycin 250 mg with caution. Before using this medication, check with your doctor.
- The use of Azicip 250mg Tablet during pregnancy is generally regarded as safe. There are few human studies, despite the fact that animal studies on the developing baby have shown little to no negative effects.
- Alcohol consumption is not advised while taking azithromycin 250 for treatment.
- Patients with active kidney, liver, lung, and heart diseases should use azithromycin 250 mg with caution.
- Consult your doctor if you have neurological or mental problems before taking azicip 250 mg.